7/08/2010

Auf Wiedersehen

Well, it looks like this is the end of the ride. I’m not much for long goodbyes, so I want to mention a few things and then I guess we’ll call it a day.

First, a month or so ago I went over a half-million hits to my little blog. I had meant to mention it at the time, but the moment slipped away. I want to thank those of you who were faithful readers and checked in regularly. And thanks to anyone who even occasionally dropped by. Special thanks to the 25 people who “follow” my blog and to those of you who left comments so I would know I wasn’t doing this solely to entertain myself.

Thanks in particular to two blogs: I Am Fuel, You Are Friends and Aquarium Drunkard. These are two of the very first music-related blogs I found and they served as inspiration for starting my own. Thanks also to everyone else who exchanged links with me and added me to your blogrolls or linked something I had posted. Although I’ve never met any of you, I nonetheless feel like we’re a bit of a community.

Big thanks to every band or artist’s rep that sent me music. I especially want to mention Amber and Clinno from BugGiRL, who not only sent me music, but also stayed in touch. And when I saw them play live and met them, they were very cool and decent people. Also, thanks to every band that didn’t ask me to take down any of their music I had posted.

Never say never. I may decide in the future I miss this and start up the blog again. We’ll see....

Rock and Roll Music.mp3


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 7:49 AM , Blogger Charlie Ricci said...

Thank you for the time you spent publishing Licorice Pizza. It was one of my favorite music blogs because I discovered some great stuff through it. Your article on Woozy Viper caused me to download the entire album and post my own article. If it wasn't for you I still wouldn't know about this cool little band. If you start up again in the future be sure to let us all know. We'll be waiting.

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger Casey said...

Your blog has always been upper-tier in my book. Great insight and opinions. Look for your return.
Good stuff!!!!

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Cristina Rodguez said...

Farewell & all the best!

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger Löst Jimmy said...

Hope you can return. I wish you all the best

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Nazz Nomad said...

ahhh jeez. another causality. Aikan- best of success and all good things to you and yours...

 
At 1:29 AM , Blogger ickmusic said...

Never say never indeed. Inspiration hits when you least expect. It's always here when you need it.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger aikin said...

thanks for the kind thoughts everyone
I'm a little verklempt!!

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger jonder said...

I hope you *do* decide that you miss it. Licorice Pizza is one of my favorite music blogs.

 
At 6:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey hi...I just go through the article. it seems looking very helpful and informative. Thank you for sharing.


Pizza delivery midway airport

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home